Thursday, November 09, 2006



Today is my due date. Sebastian is gone for two whole nights (which is nice but I am a little lost without him) so I can concentrate on Ingrid's arrival. I think I might have stumbled upon a middle name 青紀 (Aoki) which I believe means "green (in the Japanese sense of the color) tree". I am mainly interested in the second kanji as this is part of the kanji that is on my hanko 紀伊 (Kii). Since 紀伊 was used to phonetically connect my last name to a Japanese name (and thus circumvent having a lame regular gaijin hanko using katakana, 堀内 先生 ありがとうございました!) it would be really nice to incorporate it into my daughter's name. We are planning on doing something similiar for Sebastian but that will come at a much later date. Anyway, I am really excited and will run it by some people before I decide but maybe Ingrid Aoki?...

In other news, a big congratulations to George and Yana on the birth of their daughter with the amazingly long name. Welcome to the world Beatrice! And Alice, if I didn't have so many slutty students who shared your middle name it would have been in the running for Ingrid as well.

I had a really nice chat with my midwife today. She asked me about my true calling. I will be thinking about this while I have some quiet time around the house. She suggested that we move to Atlanta. Hmm, one of those cities like D.C. or Detroit that have never really been on my list. Athens though... It would be nice to be near the mountains and have a reason for scarves and hats and hot cocoa. And of course, it would be especially nice if there was a perfect job waiting for me there. Anyway, I will do my best to update this on a daily basis until I actually go into labor since I know a few of you faithful are checking regularly to see what the haps be. So if you notice a bit of a gap then you should assume the best. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

No comments: