Monday, October 30, 2006


There hasn't been much news on the homefront lately. The weather is getting better here and I am still growing. I will be documenting my final weeks of pregnancy and will showcase a daily picture that represents this stage of my life.
I am also going to begin participating with Poetry Thursday as a way to insure that I am writing something each week. Halloween is tomorrow but we have decided that Sebastian will forego the trick or treating this year. We might do a bit of voyeurism though and snap a few photos of the festivities for our friends in Japan, so they can get a glimpse of this holiday that I could never accurately describe with words. Jason is almost finished arranging everything for school and I finally got Medicaid, so no worries about hospital bills. We are just essentially waiting for Ingrid. And a middle name. I am rather fond of Azu 愛純. I have been completely domestic lately, baking, cleaning, sewing, knitting. I made a sling from some thrifted bedclothes. I think it will work but Jason has his doubts, perhaps because it is fitted for me. I have been reading a lot of fiction lately, The Anchor Book of New American Short Stories, Runaway by Alice Munro, The Wings of the Dove, The Collected Short Stories of Dylan Thomas. Perhaps that is why I am absolutely enthralled with Tete-a-Tete, a biography of the relationship between de Beauvoir and Sartre. A weekend's worth of fiction drives a girl to the non-fiction aisles. Oh, and of course the most exciting thing that Sebastian and I are working on:


Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

No comments: